Where hope grows, miracles blossom.

Hope is a waiting dream.
Never stop hoping and dreaming!

Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future.
Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Whack-A-Mole Sort of Life

The last couple of months have been crazy! We have felt like we are living a live version of the "Whack-A-Mole" game. One crisis pops up and we are quick to hit it and and take care of it. Then two more pop up and we get one crisis averted and fix the other and the next crisis pops up. For a while there it was pure insanity, but I feel like things are getting back under control. At a church conference a month ago, one of the speakers said, "Come what may and love it". I am better at the "come what may" part than I am the "and love it" part. He went on to say, "How can we love days that are filled with sorrow? We can’t—at least not in the moment. But I do believe that the way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life. If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead toward times of greatest happiness." I am trying to make the most of this "waiting time" we have as we attempt to find the other child and birth parents that are meant to be a part of our family.

I don't know why, but I have had this "nesting" instinct lately. I just want to get everything in order, cleaned out, lose the clutter, keep organized, follow the budget, use things up, practice frugality and just plain regain control over MY life and OUR life. Eric has been on the same page as I have, which has been SO nice. He's got the cleaning out, organize it bug and we're almost ready for whatever may come our way -- bring it on!

No comments: