Where hope grows, miracles blossom.

Hope is a waiting dream.
Never stop hoping and dreaming!

Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future.
Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Finally....NOVEMBER

I am so excited for November! Not just for the cooler weather, but for National Adoption Awareness Month. November 15 is National Adoption Day - how will you be celebrating? T-Man and I have two speaking engagements about our adoption experience. Both are at high schools; one is the high school I graduated from and taught at for seven years and the other is the high school in our home town. We're so looking forward to sharing our story with these students enrolled in child development classes and giving them the opportunity to see what a positive thing adoption can be for both birth parents and for the adopting parents. We are also invited to a friend's home to celebrate with dinner and other families who have adopted next Saturday. Looking forward to that, too!

Anyone catch "HOUSE" last week? I spent most of the episode in tears; tears of laughter and emotional tears as we relived our adoption experience. The end of the episode hurt, but welcome to the emotional roller coaster called adoption! There are the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. Kudos to the writers for such an accurate portrayal of an adoption experience!

I also love November because it causes us to reflect on Tyler's birth mom and the love we have for her. As it is, we think about her every day, but November gives us the chance to think about her even more. We love you, VC -- thanks for giving us soooo many reasons to celebrate.

No comments: