
May I redirect you here to remind you of one of my favorite quotes. I was reminded of it again this weekend.
The family went out to dinner and we took the MIL with us. Before our food arrived, T-Man folded his arms, directed us to do the same and then said, "Prayer?". So I followed his instructions and began a short, abbreviated, restaurant version of a prayer only to be scolded following the "Amen".
As I so reverently concluded the prayer, T-Man says loudly to the entire table, "NOPE, Try again." Apparently the abbreviated version did not meet his approval.
The family went out to dinner and we took the MIL with us. Before our food arrived, T-Man folded his arms, directed us to do the same and then said, "Prayer?". So I followed his instructions and began a short, abbreviated, restaurant version of a prayer only to be scolded following the "Amen".
As I so reverently concluded the prayer, T-Man says loudly to the entire table, "NOPE, Try again." Apparently the abbreviated version did not meet his approval.
"While we try to teach our children all about life . . . our children teach us what life is all about." Amen to that!!










No comments:
Post a Comment