Where hope grows, miracles blossom.

Hope is a waiting dream.
Never stop hoping and dreaming!

Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future.
Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

So Much to be Grateful For

foto by flickr


I realize that November/Thanksgiving is over, however, as I was driving in a terrible, terrible, snowstorm at 2o mph on a trip that had taken 45 minutes instead of 15, I had moments of deep thoughts. As I pulled into the driveway with my precious cargo unharmed and happily comatose/enthralled in a Christmas episode of Little Einsteins, I realized I had so much to be grateful for. I had been listening to Christmas music, Josh Groban "Oh, Holy Night" and was just overwhelmed by how much I have to be thankful for and I better start appreciating it more!

I am grateful:
  1. to be a wife
  2. to have been selected to be T-Man's mother
  3. for a warm home with working heat
  4. for a wood-burning fireplace
  5. for modern medicine and antibiotics
  6. for ALL birth mothers - not just ours
  7. to have the church guiding my life
  8. for mittens, scarves, and warm fuzzy boots
  9. for Diet Coke in a McDonald's cup
  10. for dishwashers and washing machines
  11. for disposable diapers
  12. to have completed my education before children came along!
  13. to have Little Einsteins and Yo Gabba, Gabba as parenting partners when I need them
  14. to have learned how to operate the snow thrower and salt spreader
  15. for HOPE. It keeps me going so I can face each day and dream of a second child
  16. to have entire days filled with Christmas baking
  17. for down comforters
  18. for the sense of smell and the scent of cinnamon, cloves and all-spice in the air.
  19. for tomorrows and new days with no mistakes in them!
  20. for incomplete "Grateful lists" that can be continued on a moments notice in another post on another day!

No comments: