
Last night we went to Grandma and "Pa's" house. While there, we discovered T-Man's orange pacifer had a rip in it (Blue paci's are his favorites, but that one broke the day before). I very carefully explained to him the danger of using a "broken paci" and described how we were going to have to throw it away in the garbage can.
Grandma and I ran to the store and when we got back, "Pa" said T-Man just wasn't quite himself - he's still sick, however, after a few minutes he walked up to "Pa" and exclaimed (complete with hands on his cheeks), "OH NO, Orange Paci Broken!"
I think he had been grieving the loss of the paci to the garbage can all while we were gone to the store. He then walked up to each of us individually and explained to us what had happened. He was very concerned. We made a joint parental decision to attempt bedtime without a paci to see how he would do. He was so tired, we felt it would be a successul transition -- successful it was! Bless his little heart - he loves/loved his paci.










No comments:
Post a Comment