Where hope grows, miracles blossom.

Hope is a waiting dream.
Never stop hoping and dreaming!

Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future.
Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

False Hope?


I had such high hopes that putting away the crib and setting up a "big boy room" was going to be a cinch. Not so.... I thought this transition to a "big boy bed" was going so well! But alas, I have been proven wrong. It took 25 times of putting T-Man back into his bed before he actually fell asleep the other night. On the 25th time, me being worn out, tired, and ready to just crawl into his bed myself, T-Man managed to soften the mood and make me laugh until I cried.

As I entered his room, T-Man had found his baseball cap and had put it on his head, backwards. Somehow he was able to locate one of his bedtime books called, The Completed Story of Hickory Dickory Dock and had climbed into his blue papasan chair to read it. As I entered, he had apparently been out of bed for some time since he was on the third to the last page of a twenty page book. Upon entering, I noticed he was leaning toward the light of his "fish tank" nightlight and hurriedly finished the last three pages before he knew the inevitable would happen; he would be returned back to his bed. As the words rolled off his tongue, "Hi Mommy", I laughed so hard, I had to turn around and leave the room. I had tried so hard all night to be strong, tough, stalwart, and unwavering to show him he needed to stay in bed like a big boy, but when I witnessed this, I fear all my hard work may have been for naught; I couldn't help but laugh at the boy.

Once my composure was regained, I reentered the room, returned him to bed, and basked in the sound of the light snoring of a tired two year old a mere ten minutes later.

No comments: