We actually got a night out together as a family and we went up to Wisconsin to visit with friends. Two of the kids there sang a song for the group called "The September Song" and T-Man led the group in a round of the "Hokey Pokey" and "If You're Happy and You Know It". Proud moments as parents! We got the Hokey Pokey on video - our hope is to one day show these cute moments to his future wife! (My video won't load -- I am hoping to figure out why and then I will upload the entertainment!)
Today was the Children's program at church -- Very cute, very emotional. I sort of had (okay, not sort of but really did have) a bad attitude about it all. I had to sit on the front row in front of the entire congregation with four - 5 year olds that can sometimes be a handful to manage. The front row is NEVER my favorite place to sit -- too tall -- I feel like others are looking at the back of my head. However, we didn't even get through the first song and most of the women had tears in their eyes already, myself included. There was just such a strong spirit to hear the children sing -- especially about the Savior. The second song was called I am a Child of God and if you were not crying after the first song, you were after this one; men included.
From where I was sitting, I could see Eric sitting with T-Man and they waved which started the water works even more. How blessed I am! I know I don't think or say it enough. I tend to let the little things get me down, but if I just take a minute and look into that little boys blue eyes, I see how the Lord has blessed me, how much He must trust me to put this child in our care, and how much He loves me. What a miracle T-Man is and what a miracle adoption is!
Today was the Children's program at church -- Very cute, very emotional. I sort of had (okay, not sort of but really did have) a bad attitude about it all. I had to sit on the front row in front of the entire congregation with four - 5 year olds that can sometimes be a handful to manage. The front row is NEVER my favorite place to sit -- too tall -- I feel like others are looking at the back of my head. However, we didn't even get through the first song and most of the women had tears in their eyes already, myself included. There was just such a strong spirit to hear the children sing -- especially about the Savior. The second song was called I am a Child of God and if you were not crying after the first song, you were after this one; men included.
From where I was sitting, I could see Eric sitting with T-Man and they waved which started the water works even more. How blessed I am! I know I don't think or say it enough. I tend to let the little things get me down, but if I just take a minute and look into that little boys blue eyes, I see how the Lord has blessed me, how much He must trust me to put this child in our care, and how much He loves me. What a miracle T-Man is and what a miracle adoption is!










No comments:
Post a Comment