Where hope grows, miracles blossom.

Hope is a waiting dream.
Never stop hoping and dreaming!

Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future.
Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gone Campin'


So Eric had this random idea to set up the tent in the house.
This then sparked the idea to take down T-Man's bed, move the tent to his room,
and then put his mattress inside with a sleeping bag on top.
Crazy times!
It's been fun since his room is cowboy theme, glow in the dark stars on the ceiling, moon that lights up through the phases; it really feels like you're sleeping outside under the stars.
However, this has not helped T-Man to fall asleep any sooner. He zips the door, unzips the window, reads books by lantern, runs out of his room to use the "outhouse" and of course wants a snack to eat by the "camp fire".

I can hear him in there now singing the "Latter-Day Prophets" song and jumping on the mattress. I don't have the heart to tell him to lay down -- love hearing him giggle and sing.

10:30 is not too late for a toddler to get to bed, is it?? :)




3 comments:

Nellie said...

Setting up the tent in the house is one of mine and Carter's absolute favorite things to do! Every time someone new hears about it they think I'm crazy but we love it!

Justme said...

I love how well you adapt to thinking outside the box! I think you should be making smores now and again, too! Be sure and let Tyler know I have gone back to where I came from and Grandma's house is back to normal!

Grandma Sharon says. . . said...

So, Janis, what planet did you come from? Tents are a must when you're kids. Our kids used blankets to string around bunkbeds for their tents. How late is too late to stay up? It doesn't matter. Has he tried going to bed in his clothes instead of his pj's? That one threw me for a loop at first. Kids are only young once.