Where hope grows, miracles blossom.

Hope is a waiting dream.
Never stop hoping and dreaming!

Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future.
Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Hopes


"Hope puts one on the path towards a better tomorrow."

I opened my email this morning to find a newsletter from our church-related women's group.  I absolutely LOVE this idea and this is what my family will be doing tonight -- writing out our "HOPES" for the new year and not a list of resolutions that we'll just feel guilty never completing.

A portion of the email reads:
New Year's Hopes

Some of us have hope for a mended broken heart.
Some of us have hope for more capacity in the one we have.
Some of us have hope for the life growing inside us to be born healthy.
Some of us hope for the chance to mother in any way possible -- (ahh - hemm, this will be first on our list!)
Some of us hope for the man of our dreams to come along.
Some of us hope for the strength to support the man of our dreams.
Some of us hope for the will to finally get our bodies in shape.
Some of us hope for one more year with our bodies.
Whatever we hope FOR, those hopes are only possible because of what we hope IN.

As women of God, we hope IN
   • the power of the Savior's atonement to change our hearts
   • the sanctity of eternal families
   • the strength of our covenants
   • the reality of eternal life

So, this year, we invite you to write down your HOPES...what you hope FOR.  Then write how that hope can be a reality because of what you hope IN"

Boy, do I have some high hopes for our family in the next year!

2 comments:

Justme said...

Awesome idea!! I could maybe do hopes in January. I sincerely join my hopes with the first hope on your list, too!

Anonymous said...

Great! I just HOPE I can accomplish writing down my hopes!