Where hope grows, miracles blossom.

Hope is a waiting dream.
Never stop hoping and dreaming!

Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future.
Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I love my messy house!

I was cleaning the kitchen last night and couldn't help but grin as I listened to T-Man chatting away in the toy room. I can't imagine life without those sounds! I love the mess in my family room, now converted toy room, that he creates as he walks and talks. I am usually obsessive about a clean house, but adoption/motherhood has changed that for me. The mess is now symbolic of motherhood for me. I think of the alternative; T-man with all his toys strewn about the house or no T-man and no toys. No contest here!

We have been working with him to get him to help clean up after himself a bit. He now takes his dishes to the sink and literally throws them in (that's the only way he can get them in!). He has decided that all of his play dishes go in the kitchen sink, too. Every night I find myself picking his play dishes out from among the "real dishes". I spent one week using E's hair brush since T-man seemed to have borrowed mine without putting it back :) I later found it on the bottom of a bookshelf.


T-Man has been talking non-stop for about three days. There is pretty much no word he can't or won't say. We we playing with him the other day in the car asking him to say "Paris, Hungary, Afghanistan, Japan, and the list goes on....his interpretation was very entertaining.

Some of my favorite T-Man words/phrases~

Sounds like:
"Oc-a-gon" = Octagon
"Nana Cookie" = Banana cookie
"Coc-a-ter" = Helicopter
"Lawn Moaner" = Lawn mower

"WubWoo" = Love you (he can say love, he can say you, but if he puts it together it comes out like this)

"Black Juice" = Diet Coke

"Tank You Mama"
"Coo-coo monsa bar" = cookie monster bar = cookie (Fig Newton)
"Poo-Poo Ocean" = purple lotion
"Abina-guy" = Abinadi
"D-V-and D!!!" said while finger pointing as each letter comes on screen
The ABC Song -- he gets to "next time won't you sing with me" and is singing as loud as he can

Speaking of messy ~ The great flood has just happened again. T-Man has discovered the water cooler and is pressing the cold water button minus the cup underneath. I love my messy house!

No comments: