Where hope grows, miracles blossom.

Hope is a waiting dream.
Never stop hoping and dreaming!

Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future.
Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Bye-Bye Combine"


Busy times . . .

*We went to a farm this weekend with friends to pick a pumpkin, take a hay ride, eat apple cider donuts (very much worth the drive just for the food) and to let T-man experience a ride on a combine. Fun times! The combine ride went around the farm fields for about 15 minutes and did that make for one happy little boy! This was the conversation for most of the 30 minute ride home -
Back seat: "Bye-Bye Combine"
Front seat: "Yes, T-Man, Bye-Bye Combine. We'll come back and see you next year"
Back seat: "Bye-Bye Combine"
Front seat: "Yes, T-Man, Bye-Bye Combine. We'll come back and see you next year"
Back seat: "Bye-Bye Combine"
Front seat: "Yes, T-Man, Bye-Bye Combine. We'll come back and see you next year"
Until this happened:



"Nite-Nite T-Man"

*Three things said at church today hit home:

  • Even though we live in trying, terrible, and difficult times, there is HOPE (this, of course, caught my attention immediately). It wasn't an "all you have to do is...." list of things you should be doing but are not, but a good review of our basic Gospel principles that I certainly needed to hear. The words hit home for me. There is hope!

  • "Faith without works is dead" James 2:20 -- I have been struggling lately with our "waiting" for another child to join our family (but we're not supposed to be waiting - we're supposed to be finding). I always thought I was patient until I came face to face with adoption. I have looked at every adoption-related site, blog, agency, birth parent website, and book. I have stayed up waaaaay past my bedtime on far too many nights!! We have posted our family profile on-line with Adoption.com and LDS Family Services, I am having "Pass along cards" made of our family as we speak. We contact our case worker every three to four weeks just to keep our name on the tip of his tongue at all times. I have created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing our hope to adopt. I guess hearing the scripture, "Faith without works is dead" (read more on this topic) just reinforced that we ARE doing all that we can to find the other child that is supposed to join our family. We can't give up hope; we have to have faith, stay strong, and continue to do all that we can do to make another miracle happen for us. There is another child meant to be a part of our family, but in the Lord's time, not my "but I want it now!" time.
  • Be Frugal (nudge, nudge, "Did you hear that Eric?") - Just because you have the money, doesn't mean you have use the money. I am terrible at saving. I do, but not like I/WE should be saving. It was just nice to hear this topic applied to all - not just those struggling with the crazy economic times that we are living in, but all should think twice about their spending and make wise choices.

No comments: