Where hope grows, miracles blossom.

Hope is a waiting dream.
Never stop hoping and dreaming!

Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future.
Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Things they don't tell you about motherhood:


1. There is some magic in a sleeping toddler that amazingly/thankfully wipes away all memory of the wild, chaotic, "I'm not listening to you, Mommy" day that you can sometimes have with a two-year old toddler.

2. Your day seems to center around poop. If you are not changing a poopy diaper then your thoughts are: "When will he poop? Has he pooped yet? Oh no, what if he doesn't poop?" If you have a dog, insert "I smell something; Did the dog poop in the house? Oh no, it's just a poopy diaper."

3. Sometimes (did I say sometimes?) your husband might just have a good idea about parenting that would actually work - it pays to listen!

4. You have actual converstions about children's television shows and the cartoon characters in them with complete strangers in the toy isle of Target.

5. You have a love/hate relationship with preschool:
  • It's good for his social skills and learning, it's good for my mental health to have time alone.
  • I can't bear the thought of other kids pushing him around; it breaks my heart to think of him standing at the door crying for his favorite things.
  • It's good for him to have time away from his mother; think of the errands I can run without having to buckle anyone into a car seat!
  • I miss him to pieces! What if he doesn't miss me?; why can't kids share toys, but they can share germs?

6. Your pants will wear out in the knees before your child's pants ever do from playing on the floor with them, changing diapers, and talking to them at their eye level.

7. You never knew you could love this little man more than life itself!
To Be Continued.....

No comments: