For many reasons, November is one of my favorite months of the year. One of them is that it is the official " National Adoption Awareness Month." (not that we don't celebrate it every day of the year!)
There are a few challenges floating around the internet about posting something everyday about adoption as a way to increase awareness about this beautiful miracle.
I'm going to be realistic here, people -- If I can post once a week I will be !muy feliz! (very happy!)
So here we go:

This is one of my very favorite adoption books -- it makes me all teary eyed every time we read it as Mama Fox tells about her wait until baby fox came along.
Some of my favorite lines:
Mama Fox says " I trusted that God knew you, and knew me,
and knew when we'd fit perfectly together."
"When God found us you, it made me the happiest mother in the world."
There is even a discussion about why little fox couldn't stay with his birth mother.
"She must have had a very big reason ... she must have believed it was best for you.
I think she prayed like crazy that you would be safe, Little Fox.
I think she prayed for me as much as I prayed for her."
HAPPY NATIONAL ADOPTION AWARENESS MONTH!
HAPPY NATIONAL ADOPTION AWARENESS MONTH!










1 comment:
Sounds like a great book - we'll have to add that one to our bookshelf.
Post a Comment